FLSmidth Wadgassen (former FLSmidth KOCH and FLSmidth MVT) combines the strengths of two leading material handling brands and is now a global Technology Center for material handling within FLSmidth.
FLSmidth Wadgassen’s bulk material handling systems and components are based on more than 60 years of experience in design, engineering, manufacturing and maintenance and represent a comprehensive array of products:
- KOCH Pipe Conveyors
- KOCH drag chain conveyors
- Bucket-wheel boom machines
- Silo systems and silo discharging systems
- Loading and unloading systems for bulk materials, packed goods and bags at inland ports and seaports
- Complete material handling systems for harbours, power and cement plants
- Ore processing and handling plants.
These systems and machines are delivered and installed worldwide.
Building on strong roots
FLSmidth Wadgassen has its roots in well-established medium-size and family-owned companies. The former MVT GmbH was founded in 1972 by Mr. Bernhard Blatton under the name of MVT Materials Handling GmbH and has been a member of FLSmidth since 2002. The former FLSmidth KOCH GmbH which includes FLSmidth KOCH in Lanzendorf, Austria, was founded in 1945 at Wadgassen by Mrs Emilie Koch under the name of KOCH Transporttechnik GmbH. It joined FLSmidth in 2007.
FLSmidth GmbH Lanzendorf is a subsidiary of FLSmidth Wadgassen GmbH and serves as the Technology Center for pipe conveyors. With more than 300 KOCH Pipe Conveyor installations, including one of the world’s longest with a length of 8.2 km and serving a Peruvian cement plant, FLSmidth is the market leader for pipe conveyors.
Working across FLSmidth
Since October 2002, FLSmidth Wadgassen has been working with other FLSmidth companies and exchanged engineering and design support as well as training activities. Serving as One Source, FLSmidth Wadgassen has carried out projects in cooperation with other FLSmidth companies, including the following:
- Tia Maria – Shiftable conveyor including tripper car, crawler-mounted stacker with link bridge
- Vattenfall – Shiploader
- TTMS / Fortescue – Mobile sizing plant
- Sohar – Alumina plant (FLS Wadgassen supply: conveying system, truck loader)
- Vung Ang – Screw unloader
- Codelco, Gaby – Design and supply of belt conveyor
- Antamina – Steep angle conveyors
- Huachipato – Stacker
- Jindal JSW Steel Ltd. – Design of bucket-wheel stacker/reclaimer
- CVRD – Shiploader
- Eemshaven – Conveying systems, truck unloading station
- Various cement projects
One Source in power generation
FLSmidth’s German-based companies have set up a Power Plant Team, consisting of FLSmidth Wadgassen, FLSmidth Möller, FLSmidth Pfister, FLSmidth Wiesbaden and FLSmidth Wuppertal. Acting as One Source, FLSmidth has all the necessary expertise and know-how to meet the needs of the power generating industry worldwide for design and supply of equipment and systems that can handle coal and lignite as well as biomass and other alternative fuels. Read more on FLSmidth Wadgassen on pages 14 and 15.
CONTACT: Arrien Westhuis